Guest: James Twyman
“Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable.” — Brenè Brown
Totality. A word you’ve likely heard lately in light of the recent Great American Eclipse. Millions gathered from all parts of the world for an event whose peak lasted less than three minutes. But within those precious moments, the sun shared a side of the cosmos we normally can’t see — like it’s corona, colorful lights from it’s chromosphere, and other various stars and planets. El sol leaves anyone in the path of totality in a breathless, jaw dropping awe.
Do you have that side of you? A vulnerable side you don’t let many see?
Vulnerability is more than expressing deep emotion. It’s not always a Dr. Phil session. And it’s not a weakness — it’s completely the opposite.
There’s a strength in wholeness. In totality. Showing the parts of you that are hesitant and uncertain to even embrace themselves. It’s allowing yourself to feel fully and experience everything life is supposed to be. When you’re too occupied blinding everyone from seeing the cracks in your wall, are you really living your life? Or just perpetually reacting to it?
Sharing and feeling takes courage. Only the weak don’t dare be vulnerable.
Resistance — it’s what happens when you hold back. When you grip so strongly to a story you’ve created, you blind yourself to possibilities and opportunities. Core wounds exist in all of us but you’ll never reach the depth of your heart or the depth of your potential when you stay at the surface of your comfort zone. How vulnerable and exposed are you willing to let yourself be? Depends on how happy you think you deserve to be.
You never know when you’re going to be called to do your deepest heart’s work or fulfill your purpose. You just have to step up. And you just have to do it. No matter how vulnerable you feel. No matter how much it doesn’t make sense. Regardless of how inconvenient it seems. What you resist will set you free.
The Face Your Dragon podcast opens up the concept that what you are most afraid of and most resisting are the very things that will set you free
Feel Life Fully To Live Life Fully
In this episode, ten time bestselling author and ‘The Moses Code’ director James Twyman honors Face Your Dragon with a genuine vulnerability, not often shared in podcasts.
James reveals the dragons of invulnerability that kept him from not only showing — but feeling his love, wholeness, and totality. Listening to the tragic loss of his true love inspires you to bring to light your shadows of perspective and dig deep enough to follow your heart’s desires.
“You’ll never get over it. But there will come a day where it’s no longer over you.”
About James: He is the best-selling author of ten books, including Emissary of Light and The Art of Spiritual Peacemaking. He’s also an internationally renowned “Peace Troubadour” who has the reputation for drawing millions of people together in prayer to positively influence crises throughout the world.
- The 5 stages of grief and allowing yourself to heal
- Vulnerability and exploring resistance
- The Moses Code and The Secret
- Loving fully and not holding back, even if the heart and mind say no
- Ego dissatisfaction
- Making choices that don’t always feel good
- Mantra of the soul is ‘I am’
- Navigating old relationship shadows and learning to heal
- The difference between being a self-sellout and comprising yourself in a relationship
- The way to get what we want is to share it with others
- Wounded parts need attention
- The excuses you’re making to not face you fear
- Core wounds and fear of loving again because nothing will match the love you once had
- A healing process to love again
- Giving too much in relationships and building resentment
- Benefitting by feeling raw emotion without distraction
- Step up anyway to do whatever it is you need to do, timing aside
- Grief is a powerful inspirational tool
- What does true service look like?
- Experience healing in grieving
- Leaping into the unknown: If not now, when?
- Learn how to overcome the excuses you’re making to not face your fear
- Discover the difference between being a self-sellout and comprising yourself in a relationship
- Explore vulnerability, resistance, and loving embrace love even when the heart and mind say no
Listen in as this episode illuminates the path to awareness and provides valuable guidance on how to find, face, and ride your dragon.
Here’s the thing.
1 of the 5 dragons is chaining you down from taking the leap and breaking free.
Take the 1 minute quiz now and Discover the #1 Hidden Fear Stopping You From Earning What You’re Worth.
Mentioned in this Episode
Show notes written by Jonnie Williams