Guest: Gay Hendricks
“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
In the middle of watering the lawn, the water flow suddenly goes from a steady stream to a trickle. You immediately scan the yard to find the culprit but no one else is around.
With a scratch to the back of the head, you look down to see your foot on the hose.
The Face Your Dragon podcast opens up the concept that what you are most afraid of and most
resisting are the very things that will set you free.
Ways You Hold Yourself Back: Break Free From Self-Sabotage
When you’re completely on your game, does something always seem to happen that throws you off axis? More often than not, when something is obstructing good flow in our life, the last place we explore is ourselves. Have you ever wondered if you’re holding yourself back?
This episode of the Face Your Dragon podcast takes a deep dive into different facets of breaking free from self-sabotage. Brad interviews Dr. Gay Hendricks, someone fit to discuss the topic. His extensive list of accomplishments includes writing bestselling books “The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level” and “Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Commitment”, appearing on more than 500 radio and television shows like Oprah and 48 hours, and 30 years as a contributor to the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies.
Identify and Overcome Self-Made Obstacles
Gay Hendricks’ personal experience and knowledge give you insight on how to identify upper-limiting or certain actions we take to limit ourselves. These self-manufactured limits are products of old programming that keep you from progressing in health, finances and relationships. They are the obstacles you let get in the way of sharing your message with the world.
Gay encourages you to investigate ways you’re preventing yourself from living your full potential. Even more enticing are the possibilities that present themselves once you find, face, and ride your dragon. Genuine happiness is found when you let yourself experience what you’re most afraid of and finally break free from it’s grip.“If you allow yourself to acknowledge the fear and open your heart to it instead of trying to shut it out, you’ll find that it’s an actual ticket to the creative resources stored in yourself.”
Finding Opportunity in Fear
Challenge yourself to break free from self-sabotage, old programming, and fear-based beliefs. Seek out ways to use and leverage that energy to tap into your natural creative resources. This puts you in your “Zone of Genius” where you can uncover the path to true enlightenment and success.
- Upper-limiting: What it is and early warning signs to look for
- The relationship between conditioning and self-sabotage
- How triggering unconscious programming imposes upper-limits
- How addictions distract from true genius
- Gay’s personal experience with fear and how it lead to his success
- Tapping into your creative flow
- How fear can be leveraged to access your creative resources
- The process Gay uses to identify limiting beliefs and patterns
- Gay deconstructs Brad’s limiting beliefs
- Actionable steps you can take to discover your zone of genius
- Uncover the reality of ways you’re holding yourself back from living your life with true meaning and purpose. Dissolve the manifestations of old programming that are no longer serving you. Break free from self-sabotage. Discover true creativity in your Zone of Genius. Learn to see your fear as an open door to opportunities that lead to your ultimate success. Listen now to absorb the full benefits of this episode.
- Listen in as this episode illuminates the path to awareness and provides valuable guidance on how to find, face, and ride your dragon.
Here’s the thing.
1 of the 5 dragons is chaining you down from taking the leap and breaking free.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Gay Hendricks – Official Website
- Conversations with God IMDB
- Spiritual Cinema Circle
- The Shift Network